Calliope accepts submissions year-round; however, accepted work is not published until the end of spring semester. The magazine accepts previously unpublished submissions from Univerity of the Pacific students only.
- Deadline for submissions is March 1st of each year
- All submissions received after March 1st will be held until the next year’s publication.
- There are no fees to submit work.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions.
Our reading periods for the 2017–2018 academic year are:
October 23, 2017, to December 4, 2017
January 29, 2018, to March 1, 2018
If your submissions fall outside of these dates, they will automatically roll over to the next reading period.
Calliope accepts works of fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry.
- For works of fiction and creative nonfiction do not exceed 3,500 words (15 pages double-spaced).
- Do not include your name on your submissions. Your contact information will be recorded in the form.
- You may submit up to five pieces of literary work per form.
- If you are submitting in more than one genre, please fill out a separate form for each genre.
Literary submissions please use our
Lit Online Submission Form.
Submit physical Artwork by dropping it off at Professor Brett DeBoer’s office, Visual Arts 112 (drawings, painting, design, print, 3-D/sculpture, photography, collage, etc.)
Look for the Portfolio folder labeled “Calliope”.
Digital submission files are preferred.
To submit artwork as a digital file, simply send a photograph as an attachment accompanied by the submission form to email@example.com. Please include the words “Calliope Submission” in the subject line of your email.
Art Submissions please Download here and attach to back of artwork:
Art Submission Form